Borough Green is a small village on the A25 in Kent, midway between Sevenoaks and Maidstone. The civil parish was created on 1st April 1934 by Statutory Instrument (SI) 1934/261 (Source FA Young-Guide to the Local Government Units of England, Royal Historical Society 1979). The civil parishes of Platt and Plaxtol were created at the same time from Wrotham Urban District Council after a boundary review in 1932.
Borough Green is the smallest Parish in Kent set, but with a population of 3600 is also one of the most densely populated non-urban areas.
It is now the hub village for Platt, Wrotham, Ightham, Plaxtol, Shipbourne and Stansted. All are members of a loose Parish Alliance, working closely together on "cross border" issues and major planning projects like Tonbridge & Malling's new Local Plan.
The National Playing Fields Association name Borough Green the "DIY Village" in 1954, a title it is very proud of, and since then has built a large Skatepark, a new Sports Pavilion and Pitches, and every year a team of volunteers build and erect the Village Christmas lights.
BELOW Borough Green Parish Boundaries 1934 All Copyright KCC Kent Archives
BELOW THAT Borough Green Aerial 2018 (c) SH/MT
Borough Green Area 1934 (2.9Mb) Borough Green 1934 Map Key (3.3Mb) Borough Green Wide Area 1934 Boundary Change Map (13.6Mb)
The large versions of the maps below can be found on the Archive Website, which NON-COMPLIANT
1934 Borough Green & Boundaries Wide Area Map Stansted to West Peckham Map Key showing boundary markings